Coronavirus Update - 22nd March 2020
Following the recommendation from the UK government on March 16, it is with great sadness we have taken the difficult decision to cancel the rest of the season at Grove Park Theatre. For the first time in our history we are unable to complete our season.
We ask all ticket holders to avoid contacting the theatre directly. The Box Office will remain closed until further notice and we will not be able to receive phone calls. If you would like to get in touch, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grove Park Theatre is a Society made up of members who give of their time freely and without financial reward. Grove Park does not have any employees. We have relied on the good will of our audience to sustain our activities since 1925 and now, more than ever, we ask for your patience and good will during these unprecedented times.
As most of our audience is aware Grove Park is a registered charity, number 505339, and relies on the income from all of our productions to survive. The income that would have been generated by the final three productions of the season is irreplaceable and will considerably affect the cash flow for the rest of the season.
As we are unable to complete our season we propose to adopt the following policy
- For our Season Ticket holders we would firstly ask that you consider “donating” the last three vouchers of the season back to the Theatre.
- If this is not acceptable we will give a discount on the season ticket price for 2020/21 of £20, which is equal to half of the season ticket price for 2019/20 (£40). This will be provided when you sign up for the new season. Proof of holding a season ticket for the 2019/20 season will be required. Please retain your vouchers and we will retain any tickets already booked and in our possesion.
- For those members of our audience who have bought tickets we would similarly ask that you consider donating the cost of your ticket to the Theatre.
- If this is not acceptable refunds can only be made via the BACS system. We are unable to refund back to your credit/debit card and require your bank details to be able to initiate a payment. Please note we are unable to refund any booking fees. Should a refund, partial or total be required, please contact the theatre via E-mail only on email@example.com
- Tickets for our Pantomime Cinderella remain on sale and at his stage no refunds will be made.
We cannot stress enough that any acts of kindness from our audience would be most welcome in helping Grove Park provide quality live entertainment to the community, as we have done for the last 95 years.
We would like to thank our audience members for their support and understanding at this difficult time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grove Park Theatre in the future.
Grove Park Theatre Executive